Observation TowerThe Summit Park Observation Tower is temporarily closed due to a series of upcoming improvements. There will be enhancements made to the flooring and railing as well as the completion of additional maintenance work. The City is under contract with Alpha Construction to complete the project. Construction is expected to begin late this summer. Due to unknown variables in the supply chain and construction schedules, the exact timeline is uncertain, but it is anticipated that the Tower will remain closed until the project is completely finished. Thank you for your patience as we upgrade the Observation Tower.
The Observation Tower is a FREE attraction at Summit Park.
- Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday 7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Prohibited on the Tower:
- Food or Drink
- Total tower height = 153 feet.
- 1st Observation Deck height= 26 feet.
- 2nd Observation Deck height = 126 feet. This is equivalent to the 27th floor of the Great American Building in downtown Cincinnati.
- From the 2nd Observation Deck, you can see downtown Cincinnati, the Kings Island Eiffel Tower in Mason, Mount Rumpke in Colerain Township, and Top Golf in West Chester.
- Summit Park got its name for being one of the highest points in Hamilton County. The highest natural point of Hamilton County is in Mt. Airy (930’). The highest landform is Mount Rumpke (1045’).
- The Tower serves as a divider from the eastern social space of the park and the more natural spaces to the west.
(page updated May 3, 2023)